Calling all supporters of Blackburn Youth Zone!
Throughout August and Septemer we’re going to Paint The Town Orange, raising vital funds and awareness for Blackburn Youth Zone. Simply come up with your own fun orange creative idea of how to fundraise for us and let us know! You could – wear something to work that is orange, have an orange fun day or even dye your hair orange!
For your free fundraising pack contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01254 292000 and make sure you JOIN IN!
Why are the funds from Paint the town orange vital?
Blackburn Youth Zone is calling on the community to work together to support young people’s Mental Health & Wellbeing. Launching our very first corporate challenge for local businesses ready to raise funds to help Blackburn Youth Zone appoint a new targeted support worker; to help young people to overcome life’s challenges especially in a post-COVID world.
NHS rates suggest probable mental disorders in young people increased from one in nine in 2017 to one in six in 2020. highlighted significant impacts on young people’s mental health during the pandemic.
At Blackburn Youth Zone we want to give more young people the tools to help them deal with emotions and build resilience to overcome life’s difficulties. Paint the town is a great campaign that will allow us to raise awareness and funds to support more young people to feel happy, feel good about themselves, be able to fight and not give up.
Who can fundraise?
Corporate businesses within Blackburn with Darwen.
Ways to Paint the Town Orange:
- Light up your buildings in orange/dress down days
- Shops can have an orange window display competition
- Your local sports team could wear an orange strip
- Orange Bake Sale
- Orange Fun Day
- Paint the Town Orange event
How to fundraise and get involved
Wanting to join in and paint the town orange to show your support for BYZ?
- Register your interest with email@example.com
- You will then be sent your fundraising pack with ideas
- Your company’s logo will be displayed on a graphic that will be on all social media and up at Blackburn Youth Zone
- If you need further support with your event please contact us.