Throughout the year, the Blackburn Youth Zone hosts several fundraising events. From challenges to sports through to networking, there is something for everyone to get involved in.
Our current exciting fundraising events:
• Blackburn Rovers Ball 2016 – Friday 11th March 2016 – Raised a staggering 21k!!! – Click here to see amazing pictures from a fabulous evening.
• ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon 2016 – Sunday 10th April 2016, flattest, fastest and friendly UK Marathon be a part of the action and GET YOUR PLACE TODAY! Run for us
• Great Manchester Run 2016 – take on this running challenge happening on Sunday 22nd May 2016, have fun and get fit. The largest 10K in the North West where runners will take the route through the heart of Manchester, including the Imperial War Museum and Manchester United’s home ground, Old Trafford. GET YOUR PLACE TODAY! – Visit the organiser’s website here
• Trevor Dawson Golf Day – Date 8th June 2016, once again Trevor Dawson have kindly chosen BYZ as their charity of choice and will be raising funds at their annual golf day at Clitheroe Golf Club – more details to be announced shortly…
• TrekFest 2016 – Breacon Beacons – Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th June 2016 organised by Global Adventure Challenges. TrekFest is tough and there’s no getting away from that fact but if you fancy a challenge – read more here.
• Great North Swim 2016 – REGISTER TODAY for the 2016: Click here
Friday 10th to Sunday 12th June 2016
Take the plunge for Blackburn Youth Zone at this Europe’s biggest open water swimming event in stunning Windermere, Lake District and why not make a weekend of it with family and friends. Suitable for swimmers of all abilities – more details follow this link
• Napthens Clay Pigeon Shoot– After the success of last years Clay shoot, Napthens solicitors are excited to announce they are doing it again! Located at the beautiful Coniston shooting ground and hotel on 22nd September 2016 – more details to be announced shortly…
• Morrisons Great North Run 2016
The world’s leading half marathon from Newcastle upon Tyne to South Shields on Sunday 11th September 2016. The event is broadcast on BBC and attracts a host of world-class athletes – Run for us – more details
• TrekFest 2016 – The Peak – Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th September 2016 organised by Global Adventure Challenges. TrekFest is tough and there’s no getting away from that fact but if you fancy a challenge – read more here
• BYZ Ball – 2017 date TBC- This year Blackburn Rovers took on the challenge and raised a massive 21k from their Golden Gala Dinner in February, all in aid of BYZ. We are now looking for another supporter to take over the baton and put their name to this event. With the support of our Events Manager it’s sure to be an amazing evening. If you’re interested in taking over from Blackburn Rovers please contact Laura Jones on 01254 292000
• Cummins Mellor Supporters’ Cup – March 2017 date TBC- After the huge success of this years event, Cummins Mellor are looking to make it even bigger and better for 2017. click here to see some great pictures from the first ever Supporters’ Cup. More details to be announced shortly…
• Matrix247 Cycle Challenge – 1st – 7th September. Cyclists of all abilities are invited to join The French Alps Cycle Challenge 2017 in order to raise money for Blackburn Youth Zone and Rosemere Cancer Foundation. Click here for more details
Register your challenge or event:
The events team are always on hand to offer support and advice, by registering your event with us we can help you raise as much money and awareness as possible.
Click here to register your event
For more details or if you have questions regarding any or all of the above fundraising activities please contact Laura Jones, Events Manager on 01254 292000 or email email@example.com