Welcome to Get Stuck In….
Update inline with local measures (31st July 2020)
Following the government’s announcement on Thursday 30th July 2020 relating to local restrictions within Blackburn with Darwen, it is with regret that the “Get Stuck In” face to face services can not operate until further notice has been provided Public Health and The NYA (National Youth Association). A new reopening date may be announced during August and we shall make efforts to ensure you are informed at first opportunity.
We understand that this may be disappointing news, however the safety of your child, other young people and our staff is paramount and we can not put people at risk in any eventuality.
The delayed reopening does not mean the “Get Stuck In” programme will not offer some level of service for young people. We are delighted to announce that your young person can access the following services as of the 3rd August,
- BYZ will deliver a wholesome meal directly to your door 4 day per week
- The opportunity to engage in online activity (Please visit
https://www.blackburnyz.org/digital-offer/ for more information)
- Wellness calls whereby your young person can talk to a trusted adult about their hopes, fears and feelings
- BYZ Staff members will be within your community at various times, providing street based youth work and advice
What Is “Get Stuck In”?
‘Get Stuck In’ is a fantastic project for young people 8 to 16 years! The service is being led within three different locations and is completely FREE
The project will run from the 3rd August to the 28th August during the summer holidays. The project is funded and approved by the Department of Education and is commissioned by Spring North Consortium.
Who’s it for?
- Junior Members aged 8 to 12 years old
- Senior Members aged 13 to 16 years old
What services can my child engage with?
Following new local restrictions our services have been adapted so we can engage young people remotely and online! The services are as follows,
Food to your door
A BYZ staff member will deliver a hot wholesome meal directly to your door 4 days per week. The meals will be prepared at Blackburn Youth Zone and delivered between 10.00am and 2.00pm.
The deliveries will be as follows,
- Young people signed up for “Get Stuck In Mill Hill” – Tuesday to Friday
- Young people signed up for “Get Stuck In Darwen” – Monday to Thursday
- Young people signed up for “Get stuck in Blackburn Youth Zone Juniors” Monday to Thursday
- Young people signed up for “Get Stuck In Blackburn Youth Zone Seniors” Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
BYZ staff will try with every effort to confirm your times of delivery and ensure they are delivered at the same time every single day.
Over the past 4 months Blackburn Youth Zone has been delivering some fantastic activities online for children and young people! This summer we are raising the bar and are extremely excited about our digital activity!
Online activities include,
- Craft and arts
- Technology and digital creation
- Youth work and advice
- Music and drama
- Learning and development
With each food pack delivered to your house you will receive digital instructions which will help you gain access to all online activities.
Wellness sessions and calls
We recognise that this may be still hard for young people and some may be experiencing difficulties which may be having a negative impact on their wellbeing. We have a team of qualified youth workers who will provide online intervention and help young people express their hopes, fears and feelings to a friendly face.
To request support for your child please contact us via – https://www.blackburnyz.org/contact-us/ and a member of the team will be in touch.
If you have any questions relating to the “Get Stuck In” project please email the following lead staff,
firstname.lastname@example.org (13 to 16 service)
email@example.com (8 to 12 services for Blackburn Youth Zone)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Mill Hill 8 to 12)
email@example.com (Darwen 8 to 12)